Laser Hair Removal
Get permanently smooth skin with the safest and most effective laser hair removal system available.
Laser hair removal is the number one choice for permanent hair reduction. This popular aesthetic treatment attracts millions of men and women each year who desire the youthful appearance of smooth, silky skin. Recent advancements in medical laser technology, such as the DIOLAZE laser hair removal system, make laser hair removal safer, faster, and more effective than ever with minimal discomfort. Popular treatment areas include the back, chest, legs, and arms, as well as more sensitive areas, such as the armpits, nipples, upper lip, and bikini area.
During your aesthetics consultation, our staff will discuss laser hair removal options and prices in detail. If laser hair reduction is right for you, our staff will help you customize a treatment plan tailored to your needs, your aesthetic goals, and your budget.
Throw away your razor and embrace the future of permanent hair reduction. Learn more about removing unwanted body hair by scheduling a complimentary consultation with the Regenesis Center for Medical Aesthetics online or by calling (256) 715-8193 today.
Benefits of Regenesis Laser Hair Removal
- #1 choice for permanent hair reduction
- FDA cleared
- Scientifically proven as safe and effective
- No downtime
- No more waxing, tweezing, or shaving
- Reduces painful ingrown hairs
- Fewer Treatments: Reduce more hair, faster.
- Targets light-colored hair
- Bare, beautiful skin
- Our medical staff is focused you your comfort and can prescribe analgesics for patients who have discomfort during treatment.
Virtually Pain-Free Hair Removal with Active Cooling
Our state-of-the-art InMode Diolaze XL laser removes hair to provide the silky-smooth skin you’ve always wanted. It provides a variety of innovative treatments using lasers, intense pulsed light (IPL), and alexandrite technologies that target the root of unwanted hair.
By combining high peak power with a large treatment spot size, our DiolazeXL provides an easy and fast process for removing unwanted hair. Diolaze works by penetrating the roots of unwanted hair with thermal energy to destroy the hair follicle, disabling future growth. This innovative hair removal system is equipped with a fast laser and large treatment spot size to remove more hair in less time, along with triple contact cooling to remove hair with greater comfort.
Our Diolaze is effective on the most stubborn hair and is safe on all skin types, making it the ideal solution for removing unwanted hair and achieving a permanent reduction of:
- Facial hair including eyebrows, upper lip, chin, sideburns, and ears
- Leg hair
- Chest hair
- Back hair
- Neck hair
- Stomach hair
- Arm and Underarm hair
- Pubic hair (bikini area)
- Other areas of unwanted body hair
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Our hair removal laser reduces unwanted body hair by essentially destroying the hair follicle in a process called “selective photothermolysis” (“photo” = light + “thermolysis” = to destroy with heat). To protect the skin during the treatment, our laser’s wavelength is specifically calibrated to penetrate the melanin within the hair’s root. Melanin is the dark pigment that gives hair its color. When the pigment absorbs the laser’s energy, the follicle is damaged, permanently disabling its ability for regrowth.
How Many Hair Removal Treatments Will I Need?
Typically, multiple laser hair removal treatments are needed to catch every hair while the strand is in the anagen stage. Human hair cycles through three phases of hair growth and shedding: anagen, catagen, and Telogen. Any given strand of hair will be in one of these three phases. In order for a hair follicle to absorb enough thermal energy to achieve permanent hair reduction, hair must be in the “anagen” phase (the most active phase) of hair growth. Of the three phases of hair growth and shedding, the anagen phase is when the hair contains the most melanin, making it the phase where laser hair removal is most effective. Usually, only 20 to 30 percent of your hair is in the anagen phase at any given time. The exact number of treatments depends on the area of the body as well as your unique physiological response to the treatments, and other factors our technician will discuss during your complimentary consultation. We have found that successful permanent hair reduction typically takes six treatments, so our pricing is structured for packages of six treatments.
How Long Does Laser Hair Removal Last?
Often we are asked if laser hair removal is permanent. While laser hair removal is considered permanent, since a destroyed hair follicle will never grow back, some hair may grow back eventually. This can be the case if not all hair follicles are destroyed during treatments, as some types of hair are more difficult to remove than others. Also, hormonal changes can cause new hair growth. For these patients, some minimal follow-up treatments could be required.
Most people find that if some hair regrows, it is lighter and less noticeable than it was before. This is because the laser may damage the hair follicle even when it fails to destroy it.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
Laser hair removal costs vary by treatment area, the number of treatments needed, and whether the patient has purchased a treatment package or is combining laser hair removal with other cosmetic procedures. Since successful hair reduction typically requires six or more treatments, our package pricing is designed to deliver hair-free results at a lower cost than individually priced treatments.
Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
Comfort and technology are highly related when it comes to laser hair removal. Our Diolaze XL laser is equipped with triple contact cooling making our hair removal service virtually painless. For those who do experience discomfort, our medical staff can provide topical analgesics to increase your comfort.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
When preparing for laser hair removal, there are some recommendations that you should follow that will significantly improve the experience and final results of your laser treatments:
- Review Your Medications - When you consult with your aesthetician please inform them of all of the medications, both oral and topical, that you’re taking. There are some medications that can complicate your laser treatments and make them less effective or make your skin sensitive and more likely to blister. If you are on antibiotics, birth control, blood thinners, acne, or photosensitizing medications, be sure to let your aesthetician know.
- Stop Waxing or Tweezing Your Hair - Four to six weeks before your first treatment you should not wax or pluck the hair that you are planning to have removed. Laser hair removal works by targeting the roots of the hair so it is essential that the hair roots present. Shaving is okay, as it leaves the root of the hair in place. In fact, it’s actually encouraged to shave the area being targeted by lasers prior to your scheduled laser appointment.
- Shave the Area - Shaving 24 to 48 hours prior your appointment is essential. Shaving decreases the potential for burns and helps achieve better results.
- Avoid UV/Sun Exposure - Two weeks prior to your hair removal treatment please avoid exposure to UV rays from the sun, tanning beds, and even the use of self-tanners. Any kind of sunburn can lead to skin discoloration, blistering, and increased pain. Be sure to use sunscreen daily if the treated areas can’t be covered while outside.
- Don't Bleach Your Hair - You should stop bleaching your hair six weeks prior to your laser hair removal treatment, so that your natural colored hair roots can grow back. Bleaching your hair alters the pigment and makes the hair more difficult for the laser to target. Laser hair removal targets the root of hair. It is the pigment in the root that actually absorbs the light produced by the laser, permanently destroying the hair.
- Remove All Makeup and Skin Products - The ingredients in beauty products can sometimes affect the results of laser hair removal and should be removed prior to each of your treatments. This includes deodorant, makeup, lotions, ointments, and anything else applied topically to the area. Immediately before your appointment, take a shower and clean the area thoroughly. Simply use soap and water to cleanse the skin that will be treated. Your skin should be clean, dry, and free of all products at the time of treatment.
Safe, Comfortable, Effective – Our Diolaze XL hair removal system has a built-in skin cooling surface which makes treatment more comfortable than any other device. Most patients describe the process as virtually painless.
Schedule A Free Consultation or Laser Hair Removal Session
Regenesis will contact you as soon as possible. If your situation is urgent please call.
Thank you for your submission!
Email sent Successfully!
Safely Removes Facial Hair – Remove unwanted facial hair from your upper lip, chin, eyebrows, sideburns, and even ears.